Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Away from crafting for so long means...

.... that you will take hours to make one simple card! :D

But hey, I am back again with a little beauty:


Don't know if it qualifies for either, but I am submitting this card to:



2. Card Patterns Sketch # 131

A very simple card using some amazing things I bought a long time back. The metal embellishment in the middle is a local buy and so are the golden flower brads. I loved them and thought I'd use them on this card that I'll be sending to my sister-in-law, who is soon getting engaged. The beautiful green patterned paper was a 'Rakhi' gift from her this year ;-). The glitter paper is also a local buy from the Anupam store near my place.

The twine has a story to it though. My grandma was an excellent crafter... she embroidered gorgeous gorgeous sarees. She was passed on this lovely silken crochet thread from one of her family members. When she saw my developing interest in craft (before she passed away in Jan '09), she, in turn, passed it on to me, and asked me to use it well because it was a very very old spool. :) Today is only the second time I've used this shaded string... 

...dedicating this post to my granny!

Love,
Smita


15 comments:

  1. AWWW!.. Pretty card!.. Te twine looks gorgeous! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous..love the butterfly looking embellishments..super awesome..and love the soft floral feel to this card...welcome back with a bang!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really really pretty Smita... love the metal embellishments... your grandma wud be so so proud of u for putting the floss to such amazing use:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey great to have u back......gorgeous card, love all those shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i just zoomed it for a clearer view and boy its shimmery gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!!! its a lovely card... Like all the embellishments and the way to arranged it... Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you back :) I love your local treasures :) its amazing how you find such awesome things in your local market and put them to such wonderful use! Love those soothing colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Smita! The absence from blogland sure hasn't dampened your creativity! I love all the elements here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Smita! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, girlfriend! Love to see you crafting. This is sooo beautiful and I loved reading about your Grandmother. I'm sure she's smiling down. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check out my blog I have a lil something for u

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, and I love the story of your grandmother's silken thread :)

    ReplyDelete