Friday, March 20, 2009

Lots to write about but no pics to upload...

Yeah, I know that is terrible! I have been creating a few cards over the past couple of days, but I didn't get to click any pictures, and thus I have nothing to show...

But I can describe the cards. I tried a new technique. The card is called a 'File folder card' and I got the tutorial from here. At first glance, I thought it was very very easy and that I should definitely try making it. Oh by the way, did I just forget to mention the best bit?!! I got hold of a scrapbooking magazine... The Scrapbook Magazine... at a book fair. It was an old 2005 edition, but still in its original sealed packaging. It contained a few sheets of free patterned papers from Chatterbox Inc. I don't know if you have heard of the company, but the papers are great.

Coming back to the card. I used this beautiful striped sheet (pink, blue, brown and other stripes) with plain chocolate brown cardstock. I have been wanting to try this pink and brown combo for ages now, but never got the right papers. This time, I loved the technique and the colors. It wasn't very easy for me to make, but it turned out fine. I also added an insert containing the note. It was a Thank You card that my mom wanted to send to somebody.

The other card was for my Dad. For this card I used the Notecuts template from Shortcuts. I folded the template in 2 to create a card that looked like a pair of curly braces. It turned out quite to my liking. I will ask Papa to click pictures and send it to me, so that I can upload those.

Tomorrow is the much awaited Annual Day at Aaryan's school. I am looking forward to seeing him dance!!

Love,
Smita.

No comments:

Post a Comment