Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am back!!!

I am back finally!! No... not without any card yet again... but with my first 2 cards (that are being posted here) of the year!! That took long, huh? ;-) Personal issues as I mentioned in a previous post.

Here are my cards based loosely on the 2S4U sketch for this week by the wonderful Laura! How I have missed being part of these challenges. But when the mojo doesn't work, it just doesn't... ! I have been blog hopping for a while though; checking out what my blog friends and idols are doing.

Anyway, here's my take on the sketch:


This is for someone's 50th birthday (can't mention who yet!). Someone special to us and our family. I was crafting after so very long that I did make quite a few mistakes here, but I loved the card  whatsoever! The glitter brackets (what else can I call those gold things!?) were handcut. I traced them using gold acrylic paint from a Faber Castell stencil and then cut them out. Love the stencil!! Sentiment is using dry letter transfers. And the pearls are Itsy Bitsy. Background patterned paper from Hobby Ideas.

The second card was another 'just-like-that' card, which I converted into a best wishes card.


Nothing much to write about. A stamp used in the background from Hobby Ideas. Patterned paper and 3D Epoxy sentiment from Heidi Grace (thank you Donna!), 3D sticker from Hobby Ideas. Lots of  layers and I love it!!

Hugs,
Smita

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thanks for playing! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK I KNOW WHO!!!! Haha, don't worry, I will keep my guesses to myself :) It's SO good to have you back, didi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone.
    Sharan!! Vineet warned me yesterday... but I told him I could trust you to keep the secret! ;-) Is it good enough? Or do you think I should give it another try???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smita is back wid a bang!!!.. they are beautiful!!.... absolutely gorgeous!.. wat else can i say bout them?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the 1st one... the gold brackets luk lovely. The card has a very very oriental feel to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yess ..and I love it!!!
    Love your world!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Smita! Soooo happy to see you crafting again! I see the mojo is definitely BACK! Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it GOOD enough?!?!?! Are you KIDDING?!?!?! It's beautiful!!!!!!!! I LOVE it! So will..other people :) :) I can't imagine how much effort you would have put into this!

    And haha, don't you worry, your secret is safe with me :)

    ReplyDelete