Monday, February 1, 2010

A heavy card...!

Hey,

This one's a heavy card...quite literally!! I used Hobby Ideas Shilpakar (craft clay) to create the bubbles et al. Though there is nothing very elegant about it, I still decided to submit this one for the Cinema Saturday Creative Card Challenge. Sankari and Brooke, love you guys for these innovative and lovable challenges. My inspiration... the colors blue and silver.

This card also fits with the Cute Card Thursday challenge - Spots & Dots. So here goes my first entry to this challenge.

The front of the card:




And the inside... (it started off as a popup card, and then I changed my mind)...


That's it...

Hugs,
Smita

10 comments:

  1. How cute and creative Smita! I know about those heavy cards! You either need to hand deliver or invest in more stamps! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!.. totally luving the sentiment!.. cute moulding! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever card! I'll bet the clay is heavy, but it adds great texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks very cute and boyish :) I've been having problems making guy cards :D... great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I agree very very clever........I just love the spade....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dimension created with the clay! Great work Smita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TFS a different way of adding texture and depth to our projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi smita

    thanks for dropping by my blog! I had no idea that people scrapbooked in India! Well when I was there..I had not heard of it atleast..I used to make cards for everyone. Now I am more into layouts and other things. Looks like you are mostly into cards. Your work looks pretty awesome! Do email me when u get time viji.lg@gmail.com

    Viji

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Smita!! What an awesome way to do the bubbles - LOVe the colors and layout of your card!! Simply beautiful! I am so glad that you played along - its always such a joy to surf over onto your blog!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete