Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cased

I want to share a scraplifted card today. My card is inspired by this card by Laura- the Stampin' Soldier:



I am kind of a new visitor to Laura's blog and I love her ways with patterned paper. Here is my feeble attempt:


Again, a book backdrop. It is kind of not so bright at this hour so my picture is just so-so. But I liked my card!

Supplies:


PP: DCWV (the Blue polka dot one; my brother-in-law took the trouble to go to a new scrapbooking store in town and heard my instructions on phone and got me the Nana's Kids pack - all thanks to Tejal again for introducing me to the store!) and Pebbles Inc (yellow)
Stamps: PTI
Embellishments: Ribbon was an RAK from Shalini (love ya girl!), button from stash
Others: The checkered vintage'' paper is really vintage ;-) and given by my dad (ok, let me tell you he hoards stationery more than anyone I know! and he will never part with anything; I had to beg for a few sheets :D )

Ciao,
Smita

19 comments:

  1. You did a pretty good job scraplifting Laura's card!! I visited her blog and what an amazing talet she has with PP's. I will try to scraplift too sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job casing Laura's card....yours turned out fabbie...thanks for linking to Laura's site, she is quite inspirational, as YOU are:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! LOVE your papers! Excellent colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. love the simple layout and colours.. and great lift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! Your card is sooooo pretty! You know, it's funny that I wanted to use that same stamp from PTI, but I forgot about it once I got started. I couldn't pull the letters back up without tearing them, so I just left it like it was. Heehee! :-) Our minds must be in a creative sync!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my!! this is super scraplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. u Cased this one perfectly!!! damn neat..... when AWIC starts for me i shall give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely casing Smita!!you did a gr8 job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely colors Smita... love that checkered sheet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoh,u got the papers,lovely.beautifully cased,thanks for the link to the blog,love her works too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, great job with the CASE. Your card turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh le! I forgot to comment on this pretty card!! This is sooo fabbie!! love the use of PP...I'm glad at least you can cut into new papers..I just can't..I end up hoarding them..or I'll buy two of the same and then use one!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Cased perfectly.....lol I agree with Tejal I also buy multiple same type PP before using any......

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOh, yummy colors and papers, Smita! Great case (and snatch from your Dad. LOL)! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Proud to announce that u have thoroughly justified the theft.... ;) Very very amazingly brilliant!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smita, this is a fabulous case! I love the colours and papers you were able to get your hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful CASE, Smita! Love the way you mixed those patterned papers, and you must be loving those gorgeous PTI stamps! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow!.. your cased card looks just as beautiful!.. love the card bg too! :)

    ReplyDelete