Friday, March 4, 2011

Inspired...


While making this card, I realised how much I love sketches! I just can't do without them :(. I had decided on the papers and on some things I wanted to include in the card, but I couldn't find a sketch that would go with all of them put together. And my mind went blank! So I randomly stuck pieces here and there :-/.

Did you notice my cute little banner? NO??? Oh, I thought you would :( Here it is:


Now this is where the title of my post comes from :) - this banner is inspired by one of my blog idols - Ashley Newell! Do I like her?? Uhh, I ADORE her work! She is fabulous... this came from one of her tutorials and I know I am nowhere close, but hey, I am trying!

I am submitting this card for this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe:

I chose to give my card a red splash (umm... more than a splash I think)!

Supplies:
CS: Fabriano Academia (White - thanks Tejal)
PP: Both Hobby Ideas
Others: Grosgrain ribbon (finally!) was an RAK from Shalini :) and my colored staples (yeah, they are back!) from a local stationer


Ciao,
Smita
PS: The card with a dictionary backdrop photo is also inspired by something similar I saw online a few days back!



19 comments:

  1. Love this black and white and huge splash of red!! Adore the ribbon...very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! fabulous!!
    love the backing paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card....love the coloue and that banner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card...love the color color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color combo and how your doodling matches the ribbon! So pretty! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely color combo, the banner n the pleated ribbon look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. I love the flower and all the doodling.. makes me feel I want to try one :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ..lovely card!! I love Ashley's work too and saw that tutorial the other day. It did that banner really cleverly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. black, white and red.... very very elegant... love dat pleated up ribbon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely Smita! Love your red bloom! And the little banner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS SPLASH!!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like the background it so enhances the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic splash Smita! And you can't go past black white and red :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Smita! As soon as I saw the card, I knew it was for the PDCC71. I love everything about this card and it just shows you don't really 'need' sketches to make great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' that splash of red, Smita! Gorgeous! Plus, I adore your crinkled ribbon; that sweet, little, sentiment banner; and stunning, text background! Yum-O! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course I noticed your banner, and it's so sweet! I love the text background you used, too. Just finished my color splash card yesterday using red! Great minds think alike... {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little banner, must check out the tutorial. Black, red and white is always so fab, lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The banner is awesome! So glad the tutorial helped you create one too. I've already tweaked the instructions to make it easier, so maybe I'll share a new tutorial soon! I love the faux stitching you added to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful banner and gorgeous card!! Thanks for splashing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete