Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bring on the bling... add some colour

Hi all,
Another card from me. This time it is for one of the weddings I will be attending soon. My little sister is getting married in November, a cousin too is getting married around the same time.. and my favorite cousin brother just got engaged. I am still deciding whom this card is for. :-)

Well, I have themed it around my theory that marriage brings together a man and a woman as nothing else can... they are both different in every possible way, but they are influenced by each other over a course of time. Young couples shouldn't get into matrimony without understanding the basics - you can't change each other completely... then you lose out on the love that brought you together... love the other as he/she is...but both of you have to adjust and adapt to the other.
Phew... that is too much philosophy for today....
The colours used are also very Indian. Indian Hindu weddings are very very colourful and full of bling. I have tried to keep up that mood in my card. I know this card is very silly compared to the awesome stuff others create, but I am still submitting this card for this week's challenge on 2S4U using Kazan's Sketch #9.
I have used handmade papers in cream and pink, I bought the pink and blue stones, the scallop circles and heart embelishments yesterday from a local beads store.
Just one word for the team from 2S4U reviewing this... I would love to know how I can improve on this and the other cards I submit. Would really appreciate your inputs. :-)




Cheers,

Smita.


15 comments:

  1. It's a pretty card, but I liked the New Year one in the previous post much more..maybe the lighting has something to do with it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, Sharan. Even Vineet said the same thing after seeing the pic. I somehow liked this card better... Let me try changing the pic in better light tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun colors -- your card is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smita this is lovely :) I was lucky enough to attend a traditional Indian wedding and it was spectacular. I have never seen a more beautiful bride :) I think your card matches the occasion perfectly - thanks for sharing. Advise on submitting? Stay true to your style and be original - everyone will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to read the Indian story. Great card for one of them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Didi. Needless to say its coming to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is stunning! the colors are very beautiful! great job!
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card for the sketch smita - love the bling and loved reading the indian story
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely reflection of your culture, Smita! The colors are fabulous, and I love your use of bling as a reminder of the richness of your heritage...it's not silly at all! You've captured a part of who you are and put your heart into this work, and that's what matters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly a beautiful card! I love the rich colours.. just lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the paper you used. Very beautiful. Your card looks great.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving those bling flowers! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Awesome bling! I totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Smita!!! THANK YOU for visiting my blog...and the sweet comment. You do very nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors. I like the bling bling and what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete