Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Are you with us?!!

Hello everyone,

Have you seen Tejal's gorgeous creation for the PaperWorks Ultimate Summer challenge yet? If not, hop on to her blog and ogle at the awesome-st shaped card! Here is a sneak-peak:



Tejal's take on the sketch was mind blowing! I loved her choice of colors and her coloring is, as always, very very neat!!

Well, anyone else would have been inspired to create something very pretty after seeing her card.... After Sunday's sketch, it was my turn to create... and I was paranoid ;-). Those who know me also know that this isn't anything new. I get nervous, jittery, and all that when I am under a pressure to perform. Ask Shalini, Tejal and Spardha and you will know what a  nervous wreck I became :D LOL. Anyway, my challenge was a color inspiration:

Yes, pretty basic... but using all these colors together was kind of tricky for me. But one point in the rules list was pretty well highlighted in my mind - the project could be anything from a card, a scrapbook page, 3D project - hmm... interesting. And I knew I had only one image set in hand (kindly donated to us by Chi Chi Memories for this challenge); so within around half an hour of seeing the challenge, being inspired by my little boy's colorful shorts of the same colors, I decided to go cutesy (as I would with any animal themed card)... and I started hunting my documents for a tutorial I had copied down (literally handwritten) from a blog a couple of years back.. Of course, I couldn't find it... So I searched online again and this time wrote it in my 'technique book' ;-). This is what I came up with:



A backpack... it was quite a rage in 2008 I think and even I had made a few back then. I had a nice time thinking of the layers... since the challenge is basically an Animal Edition, I embossed the yellow and red cardstocks with the Birds and Swirls folder (it is supposed to be an open land with lot of trees... only I understood till now; I hope you can see my thoughts too LOL ;-) ). Of course, I covered the image with Glue and Gloss (Tejal, thank you for introducing me to this!!)... and I used a little 3D outliner (glitter) for bling... The backpack is complete with little straps at the back (and the sentiment - always by your side):


Do keep reading our blogs for the next 2 challenge updates too :-)... and yeah, vote for us when the "voting lines are open"... chuckle chuckle... :-) We'll keep you posted.



And, if you wish to make the backpack too... here is the link. The best part is that you can customize it as you wish and there are no scary tools involved.

Ciao,
Smita

18 comments:

  1. Oh my! You rocked the challenge! This is too cute! I think stress gives you an extra boost of adrenaline Smita....this is just fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful 3-D project Smita. I love it. And i want to make one backpack. Thanks for the link. Good luck in this challenge and let us know when the voting opens up. I'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packpack is just fab!!!Thanks for the link!!The colors are just apt for this kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. i get so lazy even if i think of making such things lol i am lovin the cute elie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute backpack... abs fabulous take on the colours... well done buddy!!!

    am almost thru eatin up all my finger nails... am so super scared for my turn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful.. all the colors look so nice together :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!.. i soo want to try this out! :). thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a-dorable!!!! Love what you've done with the color combo...such a SWEET project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked! Do you need any more proof that this is the best!! What a silly msg at 3 am!!! I think you do well under pressure..

    Love the glitter and gloss..cute cute cute all the way!!
    Btw did Aryan get his shorts back?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, didi. Can't WAIT to see your next cards! You just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO SO CUTE!!! Way too motivated for me :P I call myself a lazy crafter. I want to do stuff like this but laziness takes over :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello
    Thanks for visiting Little Food Junction n leaving such lovely comments .

    U have a wonderful space . I loved ur cards n the beautiful album !!!! Will keep visiting c more of ur pretty creations !!

    - Smita
    http://www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is just wow......love the colors, the embossing, coloring, buttons, I guess everything abt it :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smita, your backpack is adorable! I really love the way you used the colours. You put so many lovely details into it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute bag and fun taken on of the color challenge. Thanks for joining us at PWCO Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wow wow!!! love it! Bag is soo cute and great color work! Wow!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous backpack card, love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! This is soooo precious! LOVE the colors and thanks for the link to the backpack! I was so surprised to see it was my dear friend DeeDee. Guess I wasn't blogging much then. xxD

    ReplyDelete