Saturday, August 14, 2010

Flashback!!!

Amy of Tsuruta Designs has a flashback Friday post and wants to see more of her readers showcasing their oldest work on their blog. Well, I thought it would be fun to do a flashback (scary) post too!

But I have 2 cards to share..

This first one is the card that actually made me take real good interest in making cards. This was my son's first birthday invite... I stayed up at night for almost 1.5 months to get these invites ready. No knowledge of card making, I had never visited any blog, nothing...


(Gosh, the picture!! :-/ Anyway, people did preserve it for a long long time... the kids were really happy to see the invite :D)

And this one is my first ever for my blog (and for a challenge too!! :-/ )


God! What was I thinking when I clicked this?!?! Anyway, for this card, I had learnt a little bit of miniature punch craft, bought a little lace and used something from my collection of decorative scissors.

And another one that is close to my heart... made this for Aaryan to give to DH. Aaryan was just over a year old then and used to kick a football quite well... DH is also extremely fond of sports...


[Sorry about the bad light].


On another note, 4 of us..Shalini, Tejal, Spardha and I are in a contest at Paperworks and Co. Blog. Our cards are going to be submitted from 15-18th. Each one will attempt one challenge. And then the voting will begin on 22nd -28th Aug. You will be able to vote for top 3 cards in each of the four challenges. And we will need your votes to win! 







We will be posting details on when and how to vote, but please stand by us as we attempt something like this with the least amount of supplies. 
Good luck all Indie Stampers!!

Hugs,
Smita

9 comments:

  1. wow!.. great flashbak!.. I'm gonna have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it feels so good to see the cards that u hve treid to attempt for the first time...really a great idea...all the best to all 4 of u...im sure u r going to rock...my vote is definitely there for u all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting to see the cards, and for voting to open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be right there will all four of you to see the cards and of course vote. Thanks for adding me to your list of Indian Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Smita, I just the bday invites........such an original idea....for my first attempts at card making I just copied some one else's design!!
    All the best for the competition, I'll surely vote for u guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are gorgeous = love them both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks soo much for playing along with my Flashback Friday Challenge!!!! Isn't it fun to look back at our earlier projects and see how much we've grown?!!!! I love your cards and especially because they have fond memories...that's the best!

    Thanks again for playing along...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun are those invites. I love 'em. And your second card is so elegant. It's great seeing everyone's first card posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to look back! Styles change but these still are lovely! xxD

    ReplyDelete