Friday, September 10, 2010

Move it move it...

A 'card' that sure is close to my heart. My parents are having a housewarming puja for their new house tomorrow and I wanted to make a very very special card for them... I knew right from the beginning what that special something was. But since I had already had a few failed attempts with it in the past year, I was keeping my fingers crossed this time.


Isn't it cute? :-) I loved how it turned out (though I know I could do better with the embellishments). This is the main door and it can actually open and close, so I am submitting this project for the challenge at Quixotic Challenges - Move it, Move it. :-)


I did each window slightly different from the other. There are awnings on 2 windows because I know my parents used to love awnings :-)


Though she doesn't have too many, my mom used to have hundreds of pots in her garden when we lived in Kerala. (Please click to enlarge this image and then you'll know the buttons are flowers ;-) )


This is the back window of my little house. :-)

Hope you like it!!

Smita

21 comments:

  1. A-Dorable!!! Love what you've done..it's really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super super super cute Smita... absolutely love every every every single detail... am sure, they will thoroughly love it... it's a very very special creation for sure!!! love dat door, the windows, awnings are simply gorjuss...

    love it Smita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable little house-card. Lots of attention to little details is what makes it so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea!! This is going to be one special gift for your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME !!!! Jus love the beautiful execution . The windows n the door esp the door knobs are so captivating !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its BEAUTIFUL!.. i love it love it love it!.. :D
    Really like the roof! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. Love it. Happy Ganesh to you if U celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!! And soo creative!
    Congrats to ur parents. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooooofff..... must have been a great task to make this card.... its brilliant Smita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! Ive never seen anything like it before. Perfect for our Move It challenge this week.
    thank you so much for joining us at Quixotic this week
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smita, this is incredible and so cute. What a very special gift for your parents! I bet they'll love it even more than I do!! :D Please stop by my blog when you have a moment - I have a little something for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a work of art Smita, how lovely is your little house! What a wonderful gift, I'm sure it will be treasured,
    Thank you for the tip off for the Play Date Cafe challenge!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is amazing!I'm sure your parents would be very happy to receive it, love the windows and the awning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super! no words to describe it..just an awesome work of art! keep it up Kreative gal!!
    Hugs
    Tejal

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, sorry I have not been to your blog recently

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic work it turned out brilliantly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Smita! This is absolutely FABULOUS! I'm speechless and I want to move in! Too, too cute, girlfriend! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. tooooo cutee! Loved it! Loved how differently u have made each side of the house and super attraction is canopy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is too too cute!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Smita, your project is so cute and creative, I love all the details on it. I am sure your parents will be delighted! Thanks for applying for my candy, I wish you the best of luck!!!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete