Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pretty pleased

...that is what I am with this new card. Mom called me up early this morning asking for a card to send to an uncle of hers on his 75th birthday. All was ok except for the fact that she wanted it couriered today itself!! Well well well... a  girl can't let her Mommy down, can she?? ;-) But I was quite a bundle of nerves and I thought I'd never start making it because I couldn't decide the paper or the color or anything for that matter.

Anyway, I will save the blah-blahing for some other time. Here's the card:


I so so love this patterned paper. It is called Patchwork and it is again from my newest stack. I have been so wanting to try popping a big flower. I know it sounds silly but I did want a PP with such large flowers and other elements that could be carved out and used separately :-) Hoping mom likes it too.

Ciao,
Smita

9 comments:

  1. Wow...really loved the colours and the card looks super gorgeous :) I am pretty sure , u mom will be proud :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so different...yt so nice...im sure ur mom n ur uncle are gonna so love this card..

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, love wht u have done with the paper,I have this paper too, infact I bought a lot of pp frm itsy bitsy last weekend, i love them so much i might not use them at all, i'll just look at them n feel happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Outstanding!!!! Sure to make his day.... :)

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. putting up a card on sudden notice ....i know its nerve wrecking :D

    But you did a fabulous job girl!! lovely colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. Considering you had little time you have made an outstanding card ! Great PP and unique looking card

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy to have come across your blog Smita and so happy that you have come across mine, best of luck with the giveaway. You did such a great job with this last minute card, love the paper and the way you have put it together

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful, Smita! the colors, the design, WOW! I'm sure your Mom and her uncle will adore it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so awesome!! Wow, 75, huh? I can't imagine getting there but I'm sure before I know it I'd be one old lady he he... Not too quick though. I still have a lot to do while I still have the energy :P

    ReplyDelete