Friday, September 24, 2010

Where's the bling?

I love color challenges because they do the main part of thinking for me - what colors coordinate. But up till now, I couldn't participate in most, because I never had the right colors (read Patterned Papers LOL)with me. Now that I do have some options, I'm trying to combine fabulous color challenges with my favorite sketches.

When I love bright and warm colors so much, why wouldn't I play along with ColourQ :-) I was floored by their colours :-)

And I combined these gorgeous colors with this week's Card Patterns sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


This is card my mom requested for. She wanted a 50th birthday card for a relative. We decided not to have bling so I restricted my bling usage to 3 dots in Shimmer Apricot (3D outliner). I loved how it has turned out. I am not too sure if she'll like it though... she is difficult to please ;-) The stamps are Inkadinkado, papers are Pebbles Inc.

Ciao,
Smita

12 comments:

  1. Love how the card turned out! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning... love the doily... love the PPs, love d MS punch luk... love everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really well Smita!! Love your PP and the doily and that punch looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is really pretty Smita! Love the doiley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that perfect cutie..... :)

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout for your card, Smita! Thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! Great card Smita.
    Terrific take on the sketch I must say :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nah she won't like it.. she'll absolutely LOVE it!.. this card is soo fab!.. and ya i miss the bling here too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Smita, love the double punched border n the stamping on the doily (I initially thought there were 2 doilies)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could she not love it!? It's gorgeous and so feminine. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. You combined those colours beautifully! I'm sure your mom's friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete