Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My cleanest card: 2S4Y

:-) Yes, this is , I think, the cleanest card I can manage ;-). My cards are never never CAS. It is based on the lovely sketch at my favorite sketch blog, 2 Sketches 4 You


My father-in-law gave me a weird look after seeing this card, and asked, 'Is this all? or are you going to add something more to it?'... Ha ha... Guess they are used to my going over the top with embellishments LOL. I used a gorgeous technique I learnt recently from the WOJ tutorial blog. All these scraps of PP are from one single sheet though :-) And I loved how the card turned out. PLUS I made it in record time - just 30 minutes ;-).

The ice-cream cone clip is a current favorite with me ;-) Check out my Girly Album and you'll know how I am currently crazy after these clips and colored stapling pins.

The Patterned Paper set was a gift from Donna (it is Heidi Grace). Everything else is from my stash.

I hope the 3D effect is visible in the pic :-/

Hugs,
Smita

22 comments:

  1. It's beautiful...really love the layering ... quite different card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layers...still not CAS though...so much work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifulll card :) Love the layers...soo gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is indeed very neat and I love the idea of layering.
    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice layers! yup, I was going to ask, is this all..or is there more stuff hidden inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!.. love this card!.. and 30 minutes?!.. is that all??.. wow!.. i still have to see what my record time is :).. and the 3D effect is very well visible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love the layers :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your FIL's comment is hilarious. Those are beautiful ruffles! I can't believe you only used one sheet of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! i totally loved this card. all tht layering n the ice cream cone. yep u nailed this done dear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Beautiful.....the colors are yummy n so is the ice-cream clip :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely layering...the card looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks like a layered pretty skirt!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just adorable!!! Love all those ruffly layers. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fathers-in-law! lol - so funny, Smita. Very ruffly and lovely :o) The card, not you!
    Debra (Punch on!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 3D effect is very visible and looks terrific Smita!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you used this sketch! The ruffled layers are fantastic! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowza! This is so cool! I love it! Thank you so much for playing along at 2s4y!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Smita! Are you kidding - this is tally a cute card! :-D I love the colors you chose and the ice cream is adorable. ;D Thanks so much for showing me and I'm so glad you enjoyed the tutorial. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOhhh Smita! This is gorgeous! I know what you mean about CAS cards, but the ruffley goodness here certainly keeps this interesting and fun. (and I'm so happy you're still using the papers). Sorry I've been MIA these days. Been trying to stay off the computer a bit so I can get things done in a more timely manner (and keep the hubby happy!, LOL) Now on to catch up. xxD

    ReplyDelete