Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some break!!

Ok, I know I said I'm going on a crafty break. But I just realized that there are some things you cannot impose on the mind. LOL. It refused to listen to me. I was trying my best to relax, watch a movie, read, cook and do something that isn't crafty; but well, as you can see, I am back. I did all of that but I also sat down to craft ;-) I'll have to postpone the break!!

Here is my take on this week's sketch at Card Patterns:


I am also submitting this for the inspiration challenge at Crafty JC taking nature as my inspiration.

Nothing much to write about actually. The flower (I love it) is made from a 1.5" wide grosgrain ribbon with a rolled up flower as the center; the charm is a local find; the paper rolls are inspired from somewhere on the internet (don't know where); the background stamp is my 'bee-hive' stamp; the ink is a very light green (sorry no fancy ink names to boast about); the sentiment is Stampin' Up!


That's a closer look at the flower.I loved the frayed edges and so did DH. :-)

And just before I leave, a look at my son's creative cupboard (I told you, he is my inspiration! :D):


He has more stickers on the inside too. Between us, we actually have all the stickers we see in our local markets :D And yeah, he sticks them all himself (he started collecting and sticking them when he was 1 year 2 months old or something.


Hugs,
Smita

21 comments:

  1. love your card esp the rolled up paper tied up with ribbon......I can understand your plight I can hardly ever take my mind off crafting!
    I just looooooooooooove Aaryan's cupboard...can't stop smiling after seeing it......maybe I should send some stickers to him(those which I don't c on the cupboard ofcourse!) n I could totally make out that he sticks them himself the moment I saw the picture cause they are only stuck till a certain height :P
    Hugs,
    Juhi

    PS:I'm taking a loooooong 10 day break from crafting.....going on a vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love the cupboard...reminds me of my childhood. i had a similar addiction. Though it was more of barbie dolls and some other girlie stickers! and the card is really pretty with faux stitching n he cute paper roll idea is so kewl!
    Well am on a forced break from my crafting...though i keep coming back to see what my fellow bloggers have been upto. The CWG left me maid-less with more wrk along with office ordeals :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card...the colors are wonderful!!!! Okay..that's a fun project of your boys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Smita,

    Oooh, I love that flower - very cool! Love the stickers on the cupboard too - also very cool!

    Debra :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the lovely dimensions and textures on your card! Love the red too!

    I'm into stickers too...;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card... love the flower, color comb is awesome....and your son cubboard is amazing... i just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe.. nice!.. loove the card!.. the flower is just too good!.. and i soo love your local finds! ;)
    Aaryan is super talented!.. love his cupboard!.. and now I'm inspired.. my cupboard is now going to get some major bling as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful colors on the card and some new ideas too. Love all the dimensions!!

    And your son has the cutest cupboard :) It made me smile. God bless him!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic, unique ribbon flower! Love the cheerful color of this card and the faux stitching you added. It looks like you have a wonderful crafting partner! My kids love creating with me too, and I had my hubby build me a huge craft desk just so we could all sit there together. Glad you're still crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smita your flower is just AMAZING! Love the RED and how you've doodled the faux stitching that matches the stitching on your bloom. The rolled up paper reminds me of candles. This is just gorgeous, and so is Aaryan's cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Awesome card.. Loved the colours, the flower and specially that cutie bird!!
    And your son's cupboard is soooo cute.. And i couldn't help but smiling at the fact that he's going to get more space to stick as he grows up :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smita, this is gorgeous!! I love that flower and those paper rolls. They are so creative and beautiful. I LOVE the way your son decorated his cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card...dudete u dnt need a break comon...must say a crafty son of a crafty mother heheh...m sure he is so proud of himself...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! looks so lovely! Red looks so fresh!
    My almost 5 year old is kind of neat & tidy one. 'maa pe gaya he;)'Even with my permission he'll thinking where, how shud i put this sticker?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous!!!! Love your inspiration too!! I wish i can do that with M's mess but so far they're just a pile of mess :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet card. Love the hummingbird. Thanks for playing this week at Card Patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely stuff.. i just discovered a lot of craft blogs today and am amazed at the creativity of you guys..how does a beginner start off?and what kind of basic raw materials are needed? would love any inputs from u

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the sketch this week! I love the little rolls of paper, what a neat idea. Never thought of that. Love your son's creative space, too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete